2017 top 10 jobs that pay over S$100K
New rule of retrenchment notification starts from this month
From 1st Jan 2017, employers in Singapore must notify MOM of retrenchment within 5 working days after providing notice of retrenchment to employees, which comes with a fine of up to S$5,000 in case of a failure.
One of top news of last year was massive layoffs in Singapore.
Unfortunately, this new year also begins with some announcements of retrenchment.
Inchcape, the vehicle distribution giant in Singapore, is reported that its 120 employees will be retrenched from Toyota agent Borneo Motors and Suzuki agent Champion Motors soon in the beginning of 2017.
In addition, the Straits Times newspaper says that Inchcape may retrench another 30 to 40 by the middle of 2017.
We just cannot help but hope the new rule on retrenchment by MOM will work effectively so that people who are laid off can find the next job as soon as possible.
Well, here is the bright interesting news from CNBC.
The current top 10 job openings with a pay of at least S$100K at companies which are recognised as the best places to work based on anonymous reviews from the employees themselves.
1. Engagement manager, McKinsey & Company (Median base salary: $175,514)
2. Research scientist, Google (Median base salary: $145,220)
3. Marketing manager, The Clorox Company (Median base salary: $142,286)
4. Data scientist, Facebook (Median base salary: $133,768)
5. Senior analyst, Forrester (Median base salary: $133,034)
6. Product manager, Adobe (Median base salary: $132,564)
7. Global supply manager, Apple (Median base salary: $129,365)
8. Senior interaction designer, Intuit (Median base salary: $123,149)
9. Brand manager, Nestle Purina PetCare (Median base salary: $120,277)
10. Program manager, Texas Instruments (Median base salary: $115,570)
For more details, please go to