Employment rate hits new high, median income grows in 2013
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has released the report, "Singapore Workforce, 2013", which is a comprehensive labour survey conducted in mid-2013.
The followings are the key findings:
- 66.7% of residents aged above 15 were in employment or actively seeking jobs in 2013, up from 63.2% recorded 10 years ago.
- 58.1% of female were working, significantly up from 50.9% in 2003.
- The employment rate for seniors aged between 55 and 64 also rose to a new high of 65.0% from 64.0% in 2012.
- The proportion of professionals, managers and executives (PMSs) in the resident workforce rose from 27.4% in 2003 to 31.1% in 2013, as a result of improving educations and skills.
- Median monthly income of full-time employed residents (including employer CPF contributions) rose to S$3,705 in 2013.
For more details, please check here: