Singapore job advertisement trend
Asia Job Index Q4 2013
Robert Walters, the international recruitment consultancy, announced Asia Job Index for Q4 2013. It tracked advertisement volumes for professional positions across the leading job boards and national newspapers in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.
The followings are key findings:
- The total number of job advertisements for professional positions across the regions grew by 1.6% from Q3 2013 to Q4 2013, and 26.4% compared to Q4 2012.
- The positions in customer services and account servicing roles jumped 39.7% from Q3 in Singapore due to active consumer purchase activities.
- Advertisements in Singapore for engineering jobs fell 5.5%. However the volume of job in this sector remained high and demand is strong for niche skills especially.
- Singapore is likely to remain a competitive employment market with the government initiative to hire local professionals.
- The positions for accounting and finance job advertisements in financial services dipped 4.1%.
For more details, please go to: