Talent for accounting & financing in great demand
Singapore job and salary trends in 2013
This year's hot jobs and salary and employment trends for Singapore and major Asian countries are forecast in Robert Walters' Asia Job Index Q4 2012.
Among the key findings for Singapore by Robert Walters, one of the world's largest professional recruitment consultancies with 52 offices in 24 countries, are the following:
- Annual income increase for financial controllers will be outstanding compared to last year while the salaries for IT & marketing managers remain at the same level.
- There will be increased demand for accounting and financial talents.
- Contract-based employment continues to be a viable option.
- Recruitment by oil and gas industries will be active through the year.
- There will be strong demand for positions in human resource. The ideal candidates for these positions will have the combined portfolio of skill sets such as strategic and operational capabilities, talent development and business partnering.
- IT professionals specialising in mobile and online banking platforms will be in demnd.
- Law firms are likely to increase their headcount in niche areas such as arbitration, insurance, private wealth and shipping.
- Recruitment will grow in the oil and gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and F&B manufacturing with skilled engineers in these industries expecting salary increases by switching jobs.
- Anticipated upstream for sales and marketing recruitment will be seen in the chemicals, pharmaceuticals and medical devices sectors as business growth in the medical industry will be strong.
You can find the forecast of trends for Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and China at http://www.asiajobindex.com